Thursday 29 November 2018

Pasiano's Maths learing story T R M 3

Pasiano’s Maths Learning Story Term 3

Everything you do in the future will include math

The problem
Kahlisha wants to know how much milk is in this container to see if she’s drinking the right amount of milk each day for a child her age.

What is the volume of this container?


2cm




10cm





4cm


Explain how you know this.

                                          3
10cm x 4cm x 2cm = 80cm
10 cm(height) x 2 cm(length) x 4cm (width)

This problem is about Kalisha wanting to know how much liquid of milk is in each carton and making sure it’s enough for each day for her age

First we were trying to find out how much milk cartons they could carry.

Then we went 125 + 125 = 250 = 4c Then we did the same with 250 + 250 = 500 which makes 0.5kg because we thought of doing a additive strategy to help us see how much times we could + it.

After that we did 4 x 8 which = 32
And then we did 4 x 30 which = 120
And then so we + that together 32 + 120 and it was = 152

We chose to do this so we can find out how much the box weighed because we wanted to know what we were doing.

I am good at friendly arguing  because when I am talking to my group we are disagreeing and agreeing on each others opinions.

I am getting better at taking a risk because I can share my ideas to the class and I can help people when they are stuck and also I can work with others

I feel nervous when I share back sometimes because when everyone stares at me I always get butterflies and it also make me feel anxious.

I find it hard to repeat other people because sometimes I talk to my friends when I’m suppose to be listening and paying attention

I need to work on making connections because when I have the same ideas as someone else I always think, I should share my gold.

The key competency I use well in maths is managing self because I am always making sense when I am sharing back my gold

The key competency  need to work on is thinking because I need to learn new ideas and not say that ones that don't make sense.

Isabel said: Pasiano is good at including others when he is doing maths because when other people come he ask them if they wanna join.
Pasiano needs to work on repeating what other people say, because when he is talking other people say something and everyone else has to tell him (which is kind of annoying
cause it's his own bit.)







No comments:

Post a Comment